Wednesday 9 July 2008

Fwd: Whistler, Diary - Almost Broken Nose

>
>

> Hey Guys
> The diary is interesting today as you may have gathered from the
> subject of the email
> Sunday 6th
> I got up today and headed down to breakfast. Woodsy was coming up
> today, just to ski around as he has hurt his knee, which is unlucky
> considering he is coming to Saas Fee for a month with me after
> Whistler. The weather was really overcast which was annoying; I was
> hoping to get 3rd time lucky with nice weather. But the rest of the
> week is meant to be sunny, which I look forward to. We had a
> different coach today as usual. I went straight back up the mountain
> with one intention, to land the trick I had been trying all day
> yesterday, and I did it 3rd time lucky, was really happy. I also did
> some work on the jumps, and after that headed to lunch. It was quite
> late after lunch so I didn't think it was worth starting to ride
> again, so I headed down. When I got down, I did some stuff on my
> laptop, and then swimming again. Swimming was good, we went for a
> quite a while. I watched some tele after swimming before waiting for
> dinner. Dinner was at a Mexican place, it was good food even though
> I didn't eat it all. After dinner we went to supermarket to get some
> food or the prize for winning poker, and then played poker. At one
> stage I was on the verge of winning but then I lost, so no food for
> me. I then watched American Pie 2 and 3 with woodsy before going to
> bed.
> Monday 7th
> As it was our rest day today, I was lucky enough to sleep in till
> 10. I went straight for breakfast, which wasn't at Merlin's today;
> it was pretty much a full English breakfast, except it wasn't
> English. After breakfast I messed around on my computer on the
> Internet until 1 o'clock where I then headed to paint balling. It
> was so much fun, and in the last game I took down a man with a head
> shoot. Boom!! I was super hot after paint balling so I decided to go
> swimming. We went for dinner after swimming, it was at a place
> called 21, really nice pasta. After dinner I didn't do much for a
> while and then ended up playing a long tactical game of poker before
> going to bed.
> Tuesday 8th
> I woke up to a blue sky without a cloud in sight. I was so happy
> ready for a good day of skiing. So as every other day I went to
> breakfast and then headed up the mountain. I must have spent a good
> hour helping the diggers getting the park in shape and then we were
> split into our groups. We started out by hitting the rails as the
> jump was taken so long to open. But when it did open I got straight
> on it, my first run was really fast and then I took another run on
> the jump and it was much slower. I came short of the knuckle and
> smashed my nose so hard in to my knee. So I chilled out in the
> Salomon tent, where a medic in the tent saw me and she took me to
> the top by skidoo. From there I downloaded down the lifts to the
> bottom> I got to the hotel and Melanie took me to the clinic. When I
> got there the receptionist was really unprofessional, she said I
> would have to have plastic surgery on my nose, and I wouldn't be
> able to fly back on Friday. But when I actually saw the doctor she
> said my nose isn't probably broken, I just need to ice to let the
> swelling down. So I was a little more relieved, I went back to the
> hotel to ice my nose and I plan to go back tomorrow to maybe have an
> x-ray. As Woodsy is injured I went for lunch with him.
> Cheers
> Josh

No comments: