Saturday 5 April 2008

Pain in the Arse BA

Got up 6am to tidy apt for 3 hours whilst my children slept! When will
I get anything near a bit of TLC for my b'day - suppose its long gone
now!!

Left 9:15am sharp and it took 5 hours - just did not realise the
distance between Laax and Les Gets. As we left it was snowing again in
Laax - incredible! Used sat nav and as usual it took us over some
mountain ranges - intruiging............... Josh and Ellie were great
company sleeping all the way whilst I had to contend with two
bickering brothers in the rear.

Got into Les Gets and spent 2 hours sorting passes for Catherine,
Francesca & Zac for "x" no. of days, then Chris (Chesc's boyfriend)
for x days and then Ben (old friend) and his son for a different no.
of days!!!! Then to sort 4 sets of ski lessons one-on-one for Zac,
Chris, Ben and his son, Christian all for different amounts of days.
Crying out loud - its hard enough running my clan alone! Finally to
ski hire shop to sort kit for Chris, Ben and Christian.

Up to apt - lovely and a right result! Plenty, plenty roomy for all
and not far from slope.

Then back to shop for next 2-3 days of food mindful of all my kids
different requirements, two non-flesh eaters, etc, etc, etc. Then back
to apt to make all beds (lazy chalet gits hadn't bothered), make tea
for all, wash and then airport to pick others up. Even if on time
another 3-4 he round trip!

I am mindful I may be sounding a tad self-pitying but I am knackered
and tired of sorting everything and everyone!!

Ben's flight via easy-muck-up is on time and gets in 7:20 but I'm
intending to get there 8ish as Cath, Chesc & Chris due in via BA and
terminal 5 at 8:20. Oh dear too true to be true; BA & terminal 5
totally cocked up and they are now due in 10pm due to 1st "waiting for
a member of staff" -eh?? And 2nd "luggage loaded onto the wrong
plane". Priceless!!

So currently sat outside Geneva airport waiting................so
frustrating as not driving in to be ripped off yet Ben stuck there
with his 6 year old and Geneva airport is THE dumps. Also you can't
drive in and wait at the drop off or pick-up points as the Swiss
police will execute you on the spot. I jest you not; last time I
explained that Catherine was literally on her way a policeman was un-
hostering his gun!! Give it large now - where were they in WW2?????

Will try and update this before I go to bed but my brain is aching I'm
so tired and irritated.................

No comments: