Monday 31 March 2008

another wasted day

Poor old Zac slept for the whole day, only waking for the occasional
drink and breath of fresh air.

I had to carry on cracking thru series 4 of "24" which, whilst
initially entertaining, beacame somewhat boring.

Josh, Ellie and Francis came down from the mountain having had a great
day. Josh didn't make the final of the half-pipe competition but he
always knew this year was going to be hard as he'd moved up into youth
men catergory......

Everyone I met this afternoon or evening were singing the praises of
Ellie and Francis and everyone was confident Ellie would get 2nd or at
worst 3rd place in her catergory. Although Francis did well he's still
too young to be thinking of places and just enjoys competing.

So 5pm and Zac finally awake and feeling better...................all
the kids went swimming and then tea and off to the Riders Palace for
the awards ceremony for todays catergory of the half-pipe. As usual
Ellie didn't get a placing despite all and sundry claiming she was 2nd
or 3rd best today. What is the point sometimes of these competitions
as the same judges and always the same favourites. Half the judges
from Sheffield area and as ever the Sheffield girls/northeners win. I
do mind although I'm not bitter but I am pissed at the amount of
effort, time and money I put in to getting the kids to training, to
practicing, to holidays etc to train and on and on and on and on,
never mind the bloody entrance fees!!!!!!!!!!

I just want a level playing field and fairness in the judging.

Oh well - life I suppose and Ellie and others are enjoying it.

Hopefully Zac and I can get some skiing in
tomorrow...........................

No comments: